Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-lV Desk
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated October 11 2018
Subject: Admissibility of SPORTS (Society for Promotion of Nature Tourism and Sports) tour package to Lakshadweep Islands on ships operated by Lakshadweep Administration on LTC.
The undersigned is directed to say that this Department is in receipt of references seeking clarification regarding the admissibility of journey performed by ships booked through SPORTS (Society for Promotion of Nature Tourism and Sports), Lakshadweep, for the purpose of journeys performed on LTC.
2. The matter has been considered in this Department in consultation with Department of Expenditure and UT of Lakshadweep. It has been decided that the tour packages conducted
by SPORTS to Lakshadweep Islands on the ships owned and operated by Lakshadweep Administration shall be allowed for the purpose of LTC journey subject to the following conditions:
(i) SPORTS is offering various tour packages to the tourists, fare of which is charged as per the transportation and accommodation chosen for the destination. Only transportation charges shall be reimbursable for the respective tour package.
(ii) SPORTS shall issue a certificate for transportation charges to the Government servants indicating the fare components separately and certify that the journey was actually performed by the Government servant and his family members for which he/she is claiming the Leave Travel Concession.
(iii) Fare reimbursement for the journey performed by boat/ship shall be exercised in accordance with TA entitlement of the Government servant for journey by sea or river steamer.
3. These instructions shall take effect from the date of issue of this O.M. The LTC claims already settled will not be re-opened.
4. In their application to the staff serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, this order issues with the approval of Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
5. Hindi version will follow.
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
All Ministries/Departments of Government of India
(As per the standard list)
1. Comptroller & Auditor General of India, New Delhi.
2. Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
3. Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi.
4. Central Bureau of Investigations, New Delhi.
5. Parliament Library, New Delhi.
6. All Union Territory Administrations.
7. Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
8. All attached and Subordinate Offices of Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions.
9. NIC, DoP&T with the request to upload this OM on Department's website at 'What's New'
and OMs/Orders-Establishment- LTC Rules.
10. Hindi section for Hindi version.